1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8' ParkNPole

Discussion in 'New Products' started by YakAttack, Aug 17, 2012.

1. YakAttack

YakAttack Guest

Starts shipping next week with the redesigned foot. This is a SWEET looking design with more surface area for soft bottom. Comparison photo attached. The final design has smaller "teardrops" but this is very close. The keyhole in the middle is to attach a Screwball so you can stake your camera out and get 3PP (3rd Party Perspective) footage!

PNPFootComp.jpg

2. Riverpirate

Riverpirate New Member

I like it. Is it possible to remove and existing foot and put this one on?

3. Shaun

Shaun Member

Very cool. I like the idea of being able to use it as a camera mount!

4. Fish Taco

Fish Taco New Member

Sweeet!!! Great job Luther!!! I'll be looking into ordering one sometime soon...

- Ken

5. Lt.FireDog

Lt.FireDog Administrator

Luther, what's the weight difference between the 8 footer and the "original"?

6. YakAttack

YakAttack Guest

Possible but likely very difficult. I think the advantages of the new foot will be much more apparent with the 8' model than with the 6' model since the longer version will be used a lot more for poling.

7. YakAttack

YakAttack Guest

It's pretty much proportional to the length, so less than half a pound I think. I have not weighed an assembled unit yet.

8. USAntigoon

USAntigoon New Member

Just received my new 6 ft ParkNPole with the new foot design....will try it out nex week...

9. GlockGuy

GlockGuy Member

So, what are your thoughts on the new design? Can you post up a review here for others?

10. USAntigoon

USAntigoon New Member

I like it a lot...Very simple, sturdy and versatile..My fellow kayakers love it as well. Once we went out during the night to enjoy the full moon and in a shallow patch 5 other kayaks were tied together and the ParkNPole did the job..I am sure some more orders will be forthcoming..I am going to make something to attach the Panfish Portrait for my new Olympus TG-1-iHS camera.. I like to take video shoots from a distance, creates a more intense action..(with a lot of extra paddling)