1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A little added insurance for your GearTrac stuff

Discussion in 'GearTrac' started by robchoi, Feb 15, 2012.

1. robchoi

robchoi New Member

I was over at Luther's shop yesterday and he showed me what he calls "a little insurance" for your stuff that goes on the GearTrac.
    They're just two little knobs that go at the ends using a T-bolt and washer. So just in case something gets loose and starts to slide, you're covered.
    It was mentioned in Hanover_Yakker's (Chuck Wrenn) recent blog post, but I wanted to reiterate it in a thread of it's own.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Photos from Chuck's blog.

2. GlockGuy

GlockGuy Member

In one of my 6,247 posts concerning the 2012 WS Ride 135, I showed one of those (sans washer) on the 4" section of GearTrac on my console. That is where my PANFish Portrait sits and, not only does it prevent loss of the mount/camera, it enables me to reposition my camera in the same spot EVERY time I put it back on the trac. It took a while to figure out exactly where the camera had to be to frame photos the way I wanted them and now I don't have to duplicate that effort every time the PANFish Portrait/camera gets put back on my kayak! :cool:

3. Fish Taco

Fish Taco New Member

Rob,

In your rigging on this, were you using the YakAttack 1.5" long Mighty Bolts and YakAttack Threaded Knobs? Was looking at them on Chad's website (Hook1) and there is an option to check a box for "1/2" for Other Track Systems" which I assume would be what I want for the GearTrack system, correct? The 1.5" length seems like it might be too long though, no?

I like the idea of having these on the ends of the GearTrack for a little "extra insurance" as well as the idea of adding a "memory" position for items like a Panfish Portrait. I just want to make sure I get the right ones... both the Mighty Bolts and Threaded Knobs are sold in 6 packs on Hook1's site - are these the same ones? http://kayakfishinggear.com/comingsoon-weareaddingnewproducts-1-1-2-1-2-1-1.aspx

Thanks,

- Ken

4. GlockGuy

GlockGuy Member

Ken - The "Other" track systems would include the SlideTrax system that the Wilderness Systems kayaks come with. They require a narrower Mighty Bolt than the GearTrac uses.