1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Attaching your ParkNPole to your kayak

Discussion in 'ParkNPole' started by YakAttack, Feb 26, 2012.

1. YakAttack

YakAttack Guest

Should be in retailers and on the website late next week. $5.00 for 2 clips and hardware. $7.50 with Velcro securing straps.
    ParkNPole Mount.jpg

Herschel Finch likes this.
  2. Shaun

Shaun Member

Great idea. I've been trying to find a place to store mine when not in use.

3. Hanover_Yakker

Hanover_Yakker Member

Great idea again Luther, although for the Hobie Revolution, I can use the paddle keepers on the starboard side. Those in an Outback or Pro Angler would definitely find it useful!

4. fshn_brb

fshn_brb New Member

I do believe that I will be ordering this! Thanks.

5. sethmac

sethmac New Member

Anyone that has used these have any feedback? Good/bad?

6. GlockGuy

GlockGuy Member

On my previous WS Ride 135, I had installed a paddle holder to hold my stake-out pole. I now use the YakAttack ParkNPole as my stake-out pole on my 2012 WS Ride 135. It is considerable thinner than my previous stake-out pole and will not fit in a standard paddle holder. YakAttack has addressed this issue by offering clips that fit the ParkNPole PERFECTLY!

I started by deciding on a good location. I rigged the boat the way it is typically set up when I go fishing, to check for any clearance issues. The only limiting issue, for lack of a better term, is that these clips hold the ParkNPole pretty firmly. It takes a bit of leverage to get your pole in and out, so consider that when you choose YOUR location.

A bit of painters tape helps to hold things in place while you check it out from a few different angles.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next, I used the clip as a guide to drill the mounting hole. The screws are the same thread cutting screws used with GearTrac, except that they are a bit longer. Consequently, I was able to use the undersized drill bit that came with my GearTracs. It is essential that you drill the holes undersized so that the threads of the screw will cut new threads in the hull, thus ensuring that everything will stay watertight.

[​IMG]

Make sure that you install the screws by hand. Using a power tool will likely cause you to strip the screws out, defeating the purpose of using thread cutting screws.

[​IMG]

Install the 2nd clip in the same fashion as the first.

[​IMG]

The finished install -

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. USAntigoon

USAntigoon New Member

Sorry GlockGuy (like your forum name), this is a somewhat belated response... I am just new to this forum..
    Like to ask you whether the ParkNPole gave you some paddling interference with the mount set up go got.. I like the idea and have a ParkNPole on order..
    Thanks for sharing..

8. Juan Veruete

Juan Veruete New Member

I like the painters tape idea to check positioning of the pole. great idea!

GlockGuy likes this.
  9. Roger Mulrooney

Roger Mulrooney New Member

Heck with the park n pole I want your garage!:D Not only is that a clean well thought out design the kayak is pretty awesome as well! Sorry GlockGuy I couldn't resist!

Roger

GlockGuy likes this.
  10. GlockGuy

GlockGuy Member

I just wish that the garage STILL looked like that! :-( My lovely bride has decided that refinishing furniture is now her hobby, so there are lots of junkyard finds taking up all of that beautiful floor space.

11. GlockGuy

GlockGuy Member

No issues at all. Rigging the boat and temporarily fastening items with tape really helps me determine if I'll have clearance problems BEFORE I permanently mount anything.

12. Herschel Finch

Herschel Finch New Member

Mine moves around a lot, so I just slip my 6 footer under the bungees on the foward hatch of my CoosaHD. Keeps it handy when I need it quick. When I'm transporting or storing between trips I just use the rod keeper bungees on the sides.