1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Austin Canoe and Kayak Reviews?

Discussion in 'Product and Technical Support' started by Cuivre, Jun 21, 2016.

1. Cuivre

Cuivre New Member

I ordered a Pescador Pro from them in late May and I have continuously been told it is on back order since then-but I was not told that at the time of order. I have been told "2 more weeks" st least three times by their representatives either over the phone, by e-mail or their on-line chat app on their website. I told the chat person (after being told "2 more weeks" for the third time) that I will be expecting a comp for continually being misled. She said it is due to the vendor, not them. I said "I don't really care-I'm dealing with you, ACK, not Perception directly. I've already bought gear to outfit it thinking I will have had it by now, but this company is obviously in the habit of getting people hooked, then playing them. OK- sorry- Rant over.

2. Yak Chum

Yak Chum Administrator Staff Member

This time of year is tough with high demand on kayaks and accessories. ACK should have a better grip on the lead times though.

3. Cuivre

Cuivre New Member

Perception has been a victim of their own success- I got a reply from a FaceBook message I sent them (Perception Kayak) and the Pesc Pro series has had an especially epic demand from many of their distributors such as ACK. Honesty is always a best policy, and sometimes getting people's hopes up (for a shipment) only to have them bashed is not a good tact to take. Sometimes a single bitter pill (tell me the truth about the degir back-order situation) is better than a carrot suspended on a string. I have managed a company team for a very demanding client base, and have handled things way differently than the ACK folks have.

4. Cuivre

Cuivre New Member

Update: I just got an e-mail notice that my Pescador is being shipped to me. Good news, but it is funny since this was one day after yet another e-mail from ACK implyed to me that Perception hasn't shipped them product for a month and the next shipment wasn't going to be shipped from Perception to ACK until July 18-then, of course 2 weeks shipping time and then it gets sent out to me. Hopefully this saga will come to a conclusion, but I did have to resort to some of my nastiest, threatening e-mails to a company I ever had to write. I just hope all is well upon receipt.

5. Yak Chum

SO did you ever get the boat?

6. Cuivre

Cuivre New Member

Yes. I did get it, but it had a mar/small crack behind the port seat area (presumably where an over-tightened strap had contacted it). They credited me $75 for that and I welded it up and put a sticker over it. I love the kayak, but them blowing smoke up my rear end over and over was very frustrating and unprofessional. They had a very high demand for this model/color and I think they were afraid to chase any paying customers away by giving them the REAL time for delivery. I got their attention when I contacted Perception and relayed to them what I was being told by ACK. One of the ACK managers e-mailed me and asked what I wanted from them for all the run-around and broken delivery dates and I simply said "whatever YOU think is appropriate-I'm not trying to game you or do a shake-down". They took that to mean that they wouldn't give me any form of apology. So be it-they just saved a dime but earned someone who will relay my experience to anyone who asks.

7. Yak Chum

Yeah they at least owed you an apology. Thats unfortunate. I have never had a bad experience with ACK but then i have only ordered accessories from them. Never a kayak. This is another reason its better to buy local.

Glad you got the boat and are enjoying it!