1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GearTrac for Hobie Oasis

Discussion in 'Product and Technical Support' started by laury11, Apr 19, 2012.

1. laury11

laury11 New Member

Hi there,

I'm new to this forum and new to kayak fishing. I am planning to purchase a Hobie Oasis, and I have noticed a lot of people have managed to put GearTracs onto their Revolutions near the MirageDrive. Do you know if it would be the same for Oasis or would it not fit onto the Oasis?

Thanks very much :)

2. YakAttack

YakAttack Guest

I'm not sure on the Oasis. You need 1-3/4" width and whatever track length you choose to mount it. We have a new, slimmer track coming in about 6 weeks. If the current one doesn't work out for your application you might want to check that one out.

3. laury11

laury11 New Member

Thanks very much. I shall wait for the slimmer version to come out first.

4. vafish

vafish New Member

Haven't heard too much more about the slimmer version. Is that possible to make?

5. Fish Taco

Fish Taco New Member

I think Luther just posted on Facebook the other day that this new slimmer track is now available, or will be very very soon. You should ask him about it.

- Ken

6. vafish

vafish New Member

looking forward to that with narrow gunnels. I saw the post so will be looking forward to the product

7. YakAttack

YakAttack Guest

Our production trial of the GT90 GearTrac has been completed and the tracks look awesome. We have a limited supply of them right now which we are shipping to retailers. Full volume production has began but there's a 3 week lead time on the extrusions. I expect to have plenty of volume by the third week in August.

Retailers will have their initial stock within a few days. I recommend a web search next week for "GT90 GearTrac" - that should turn up some hits. Or you can email me luther at yakattack.us with your location and I will let you know the nearest retailer with stock.

8. OutYak

OutYak New Member

Luther, will you be making a Full Back for the GT90 Gear Trac?

9. YakAttack

YakAttack Guest

Yes. It's different than the current FullBack but we will have a backing plate for the GT90.

10. OutYak

OutYak New Member

Thanks Luther!