1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Heavy Duty Gear Track Ball Mounts and Zooka Tubes

Discussion in 'New Products' started by Jgrady, Aug 5, 2013.

1. Jgrady

Jgrady New Member

I started out with the 1.5†screwball in a gear track for my ram mount rod holder on port sideand thought if I set the drag light I would be fine. I quickly found out that wouldn’t be the case. While fishing on the river for catfish the only hit came from a 5lb cat on that port side holder and loosened the screwball even with a very light drag. Needless to say I was in contact with Luther within a day to find a resolution to this. Luckily he had some of the new heavy duty gear track ball mounts coming of the line and shipped them out to me within a week. I am very pleased with them; they are as solid as the area of the kayak you have the tracks mounted to. No worrying about the ball loosening on that solid port side strike anymore. On another note, while chatting with him about the quality of the new track mounts he also informed me about the new Zooka tube rod holders. I tried those out in the Florida Keys last week, did some trolling around the bridges and flats using the new Zooka tubes and hd ball mount. I ended up picking up a nice Barracuda, Jack Cravalle and Mutton Snapper. All three struck on the port side and I am glad I didn’t have to worry about the original ball loosening because those fish run and pull like a freight train. While I’m at it I have to tell you how much I like the PanFish pole mount for my GoPro. Not only did it get my “first ever†tarpon on video jumping before it broke my line, it was also great to use while snorkeling. I was able to get it in cracks and ledges along the reefs to video, plus I could let it go and it would float without worry of it sinking to the ocean floor. All in all I love the service and products I have received from Luther and YakAttack. Thanks for everything and keep up the quality work. Between going to the Keys and heading back up to NC I must of spoke with close to a hundred people about the Hobie and the all the YakAttack gear.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]