1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do i switch from Mighty Mount base to RAM ball base?

Discussion in 'PanFish and PanFish Portrait' started by rockcrawler, May 8, 2012.

1. rockcrawler

rockcrawler New Member

I purchased the PanFish with mighty bolt mount but realized that with my application I would be better off with a RAM ball as base so I can angle it a bit at the base.
    Is there an easy way to retrofit a RAM ball to the base?
    I tried using the ball that you use to mount the camera on but the bolt is not long enough. I have ScrewBalls but they have the Mighty Bolt T bar on them to use in the tracs/MM. I guess I can just cut off the T part of the Mighty Bolt but cutting threads does not allways work very well.

2. GlockGuy

GlockGuy Member

The MightyBolt is designed to fit both trac systems AND MightyMounts, so a Screwball should work just fine. You should contact Luther directly and discuss the issue with him. He prob ably has some simple and elegant solution just waiting... He usually does!:D

3. Lt.FireDog

Lt.FireDog Administrator

It should work.....I just received two VISICarbon Pro's with the Mighty Mount base, one of which is going to be replaced with a ScrewBall so I can use a RAM mounting base for a non-level install on a Ocean Kayak Scrambler 11.

4. rockcrawler

rockcrawler New Member

You will need to get a straight stud to screw in the ScrewBall in place of the Mighty Mount stud.
    I'm trying to find a source for a 1/4 20 stud. if not, I will have to special order another ScrewBall with the straight stud.

5. Lt.FireDog

Lt.FireDog Administrator

Yep, that's right.

6. YakAttack

YakAttack Guest

I can send you some studs - email me luther(at)yakattack.us with your address. All you need is a 1/4-20 X 1-1/2" SS stud. You can get them at McMaster-Carr or email me and I will send you a couple.