1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LeverLoc Anchor Trolley on 2016 Hobie PA 14

Discussion in 'General Kayak Rigging' started by STLKayak, Mar 10, 2016.

1. STLKayak

STLKayak New Member

I am picking up my new Pro Angler 14 next Friday, and am wanting to add an anchor trolley to both sides. I am a huge fan of clean installs, and on my last kayak I installed the trolley from a YakAttack competitor. But when I saw the LeverLoc, it just blew the competition away. 'Course there was no going back at that point which would not require filling holes. Anyway, I am wondering if the Harken Pulleys that come with the LeverLoc system will fit into the molded in bolt holes that Hobie provides for their own trolley (think they use Harken as well)? It would be pretty great to use the existing mounting points. If I figure correctly I would only need to add a single screw or bolt for each of the YakAttack pad eyes, and two for the LeverLoc itself. Anyone have the LeverLoc installed on their PA?

2. STLKayak

STLKayak New Member

I was able to fit the LeverLoc on my 2016 Pro Angler but ran into issues with the front pre-threaded bolts. They are about an 1/8th of an inch to narrow for the standard YakAttack Harken pulley. I was able to get one mounted but required a lot of force and ended up popping in half and losing most of the ball bearings. I ended up using the Hobie pulleys, which were still very tight and difficult to install in the front. I personally think Hobie has the bolts off in their mold. I have seen a few videos of people that have dremmeled out a bit of plastic on the front pulley to get it to fit. I tested this with my bearingless Harken, and it did work and fit pretty well. That being said, the LeverLoc install is very straight forward and looks VERY clean, especially compared to the Hobie trolley, or another companies that I had installed on my Jackson Cuda 12. I have this installed on both sides of my kayak.

[​IMG]

flyon_John and Yak Chum like this.