1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LeverLoc Anchor Trolley on 2016 Hobie PA 14

Discussion in 'General Kayak Rigging' started by Roberx, Jun 7, 2016.

1. Roberx

Roberx New Member

Can anyone tell me if the leverloc anchor trolley kit will work on the preexisting 2016 hobie anchor setup?

2. Darylb23

Darylb23 Administrator Staff Member

Do you mean the Hobie pulleys? Shouldn't be a problem.

3. Roberx

Roberx New Member

I am asking if the kit will work on the pre drilled holes on the kayak

4. STLKayak

STLKayak New Member

Not without some modification. I was able to get the Harken Pulleys to fit, but the front hole had to be drilled or Dremmeled out about 1/8" or so. If you do that, and there are a couple of videos online documenting it, I recommend wrapping tape around the pulley to keep it from coming apart, while drilling. I didn't, the pulley came apart, and I lost most of the bearing in one of the pulleys. I have a post here documenting my setup. I ended up buying the Hobie Pulleys, and purchased the Anchor Trolley LeverLock Kit and the Pad Hook kit.

http://www.yakattackforums.com/posts/3818/

I think it ended up looking great, and works damn near perfect, and makes for a very clean install. I have it mounted on both sides, since I prefer to fish off the left side of my PA14, this allows to present the left side of my kayak to my target, no matter which way the wind and waves are blowing.

5. Roberx

Roberx New Member

Thanks for the great input STLKayak! Can you take some pics of your anchor trolley line?

6. STLKayak

STLKayak New Member

Heading to the lake tomorrow after work... I will take some pictures then.

7. Roberx

Roberx New Member

thanks STLKayak!

8. STLKayak

STLKayak New Member

Here are some pics of how it turned out on my kayak. I only had two drill four holes. I used the molded in mounting points for the pulleys and the ones for the Hobie pad eye buttons for the top mounting of each YakAttack Pad Hook.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Basically a hybrid Hobie-YakAttack trolley. I did use a different 550 cord for the line. I like the cord that comes with the YakAttack trolley, but did not really want the reflective strip on it, and found the cordage that came with the Hobie trolley to be very 'stretchy' - if that makes any sense. I bought higher strength, lower stretch cordage, and I soaked it, stretched it, and dried it before installing. Seems to take a lot of the sag out of the line if you do that. But that was just my preference. I have many hours at anchor with this setup, and it is still taut and looks great. Let me know if you have any questions.

One last thing, I could barely reach the mounting points where I drilled the holes, and instead of just using self tapping screws, I used well nuts and longer than needed SS screws. The well nuts are stronger than screws alone, and the screws are long enough that if I want/need to reinforce them, I can add a washer and SS nut as well.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2016
    Roberx likes this.
  9. Roberx

Roberx New Member

thanks for sharing your anchor setup! And every nice trailer setup!