1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lights for Flounder Gigging - need ideas

Discussion in 'DIY' started by ctgalloway21, Jan 1, 2013.

1. ctgalloway21

ctgalloway21 New Member

I want to make a good lighting system. Here are a few things. I have geartracs on both sides of my kayak. I have a 12V plug so they will need to run off a 12V battery. I also want something similar to a RAM Transducer Arm that I can swivel and move around. Maybe attach a light to the end and have one on both sides that I can move around.

I assume PVC is the way to go. Anybody got any good ideas that I have not thought about?

2. Memory Maker

Memory Maker New Member

I have 1 that is similar but I have a set of spreader lights on and uses a flag pole house mount. I'm getting an electric pan and tilt for it now and can get pics when I get it back.

3. ctgalloway21

ctgalloway21 New Member

here is my project so far. Also did a little walk through video showing how it works.

2013-04-14_19-27-28_421.jpg

[video=youtube;KPt5EJZXOSQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=KPt5EJZXOSQ[/video]

4. Lt.FireDog

Lt.FireDog Administrator

Looking good! [​IMG]
    Post up more pics went project is completed!

5. ctgalloway21

ctgalloway21 New Member

I will. I am going to test them Sunday night if the water is calm in the bay.

6. softballdad32

softballdad32 New Member

That's really cool. My parents live in Sebastian and have seen people flounder gigging out there. I would love to try that.
    Does anyone know if there are there any good places for flounder gigging near Tampa?
    http://onlinefishingtournament.com