1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Longer ParkNPole

Discussion in 'ParkNPole' started by OneDudeWolfPack, May 9, 2012.

1. OneDudeWolfPack

OneDudeWolfPack New Member

I am in the market for another ParkNPole for a PA12 and in this yak I plan to be standing most of the time.

Has there been any thoughts in making a longer model? If so, what sizes are expected?

Has there also been any thought to adding a metal tip? not sure if it was attempted and hindered the floating of the pole.

Thanks again for making a great product.

2. GlockGuy

GlockGuy Member

There IS a longer ParkNPole in the works. Not sure of the release date. As for the tip, my current ParkNPole goes through oyster beds just fine!
    As an aside, I was stationed with a guy (in the Navy) from Gretna, LA in the early to mid '80s.

3. OneDudeWolfPack

OneDudeWolfPack New Member

Thanks for the head up on a longer model possibly coming out. I have two of them already and the tips are holding up pretty good with the oysters beds. Just had a thought after seeing a guy in our local club make some with metal tips.

I am a Navy vet as well, but was never lucky enough to be stationed here. If you ever make it down here again, I have a yak for you to use. We could launch down HWY 23 and get on some good redfish.

4. GlockGuy

GlockGuy Member

We were stationed together on USS John F. Kennedy CV 67. I was a Radioman in those days, although I spent my last 15 years in the Navy as a GMG.

5. Fish Taco

Fish Taco New Member

This is good news and I was curious about the same thing. I plan to be standing quite a bit on my Stealth 14 with the Stand N Fish and was thinking that the standard ParkNPole was just not going to work for me... I'd thought about asking Luther about it recently but just got too busy to make the inquiry... looks like WolfPack took the words right out of my mouth. :)

'll be keeping an eye out for it... thanks!