1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lookin' forward to the Full Back

Discussion in 'Mounting Systems' started by Journeyman, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Journeyman

Journeyman New Member

Im gettin ready to mount a Mighty Mount along side of the tank well on my trident 13. I'll use 10-32 well nuts to secure it where I can't reach for nuts, but I'd like to know I can upgrade to a full back when it becomes available.
    Can one of you guys give me some insight on how the full back will work? Will the holes from the well nuts keep me from using the full back?

2. n2bassfishing

n2bassfishing New Member

The holes in the backing plate will line up with the Mighty Mount and will have nut counter sunk into the backing plate. Everything should line up perfectly.

3. Journeyman

Journeyman New Member

Is the design of the Full Back to be used in places where there is no access inside the hull?

4. GlockGuy

GlockGuy Member

5. Journeyman

Journeyman New Member

Ah ha! So that's how it works. I've had a hard time picturing how to get the plate in the hull. Looks good guys.

6. Siebler

Siebler Administrator

The only probelm you are goign to have is that a #10 well nut uses a 3/8" hole, much bigger than the hole youll want for bolting the Mighty Mount using a fullback.

Personally i would try to either wait for a fullback (a few weeks or so) or I would use a tapping screw for the time being.

7. GlockGuy

GlockGuy Member

I'm with CJ on this one - If at all possible, it would be best to just wait and do it once (and do it right.)

8. Knot Right

Knot Right New Member

I agree with CJ on this one as well. It is best to just wait for a clean install. I use self tapping screws on most of my Mighty Mount installs and it is a solid install and I haven't had any issues. (BTW, the FullBack is great for installations even where you can reach the backside. For the price and the convenience, it is great for any install.)