1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mount Your Measuring Board (Hawg Trough, etc)

Discussion in 'New Products' started by YakAttack, Feb 26, 2012.

1. YakAttack

YakAttack Guest

We've been playing with a design for the Hawg Trough. Others coming soon...
    Hawg Trough Mount.jpg

2. GlockGuy

GlockGuy Member

The best designs seem to be the simplest! I can appreciate YakAttack products so much because they AREN'T over-engineered!

3. Shaun

Shaun Member

That is such a great idea. I caught mine on a back cast with a crank bait a month ago and launched it 20yrds in front of me. LOL. That wont happen with it secured flat like this one. Too cool!

4. Hanover_Yakker

Hanover_Yakker Member

It will be interesting to see how this would work on a kayak that is fully rigged with a milk crate vs. a tackle bag vs. a livewell or large cooler. I'm betting that a setup similar to Jose's camera rig with the GearTrac on the side of his Hobie would work as well.....hmmmmmm

5. Shaun

Shaun Member

I too think it would be cool mounted to the side of the milk crate.

6. robchoi

robchoi New Member

Will the brackets be available separately and will they be mountable without the GearTrac? I think giving people the option to mount the brackets without the GearTrac would be good since I'm not sure everyone will want to buy a trac just for their Hawg Trough. Like some of the above mentions, I'm sure many people will want to attach it to their crate, except not want to pay for a trac in the process. Perhaps a simple way to screw the brackets to the crate?

7. GlockGuy

GlockGuy Member

x2. Seems like a good place for it to me!

8. oubassman

oubassman Member

x3. I'm thinking that with the narrower "rail" along the side of my Tarpon 120 tank well, that with the crate and RAM tube holders, fit would be tough. But on side of crate would be ideal

9. SchwigyYakr

SchwigyYakr New Member

I was the lucky winner of these brackets from Luther's Facebook contest. I have found that if you bungee in your crate like I do, its very difficult for the hawg trough not to hit the side bungees while sliding the trough in it's bracket. Right now I pulled two screws out of the port side rescue rope fittings on my Ocean Kayak Trident 13 and replaced them with longer screws and ran my HT bracktets through that. The only problem is banging into pilings in strong current. Im sure I will modify and change up a few things to see the exact configuration that fits me.

10. SnookOne

SnookOne Administrator Staff Member

X4

I currently have my board bungeed on the side which sometimes can be a pain putting it back!
    [​IMG]

11. BigYaker

BigYaker Guest

I use to do it this way as well.. and for some reason it always got hung up when I was trying to retrieve it :mad:

12. SnookOne

SnookOne Administrator Staff Member

I am sure Luther will think of something down the road! :D

13. Hanover_Yakker

Hanover_Yakker Member

Until a better option comes out, I simply place mine between the tank well bungees and my milk crate in one of two positions. Either directly behind me when in open water under the front bungees holding the crate in place or on the side of the crate under the side bungees running lengthwise with the kayak when in close quarters with bridge pilings. Works for now and is easy to retrieve and stow.

14. Hammerhead

Hammerhead New Member

I combined my paddle holder and my rod stager on my Coosa. All you have to do is put a bungee hook in the right place and add a short bungee to the existing paddle holder. It can also still be used to hold the paddle if you don't put the board there.

100_0266b.jpg

100_0266a.jpg

15. OlySpec

OlySpec New Member

On the PA, I would like to see a rail mount on a swivel so that the trough can stay over the rail until needed, swing over my lap for a pic, and swivel back out of the way over the rail.

16. Kgchico

Kgchico New Member

The clips would be great if they could mount in a gear track. Any chance this might happen?