1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Product Ideas for YakAttack...

Discussion in 'Content Requests' started by Fish Taco, Feb 14, 2012.

1. Fish Taco

Fish Taco New Member

*Okay, mentioned this on Shaun's recent Dog Bone post but it seems more appropriate here.

Idea # 1: (Of course, anyone can comment or add to this list! :))

GearTrac Tube Mount:

A sturdy mount that allows any size piece of GearTrac to be mounted on various diameter tubing.

This could be used on any tubular surface on a variety of kayaks or after-market accessories (i.e. - Pro-Angler H-Bar & tubular handles side/front/back; Stand N Fish leaning posts; Larry Seats, etc.) as well as many applications beyond kayaks (i.e. - handlebar mounts on bikes/motorcycles; boats; ATVs; beach buggies; and the list goes on...)​

Thoughts anyone???... Luther???...

SWVKA likes this.
  2. YakAttack

YakAttack Guest

We have dozens of prototypes of this mount in the field right now :)

SWVKA likes this.
  3. Fish Taco

Fish Taco New Member

:D AWESOME!!! (Should've known you'd already be "on it"...)

When can we expect something becoming available for sale? Anytime soon?

Thanks!

4. Fish Taco

Fish Taco New Member

Idea # 2:

Additional Flag Mounting Hardware:

A piece of hardware (similar or the same as to what is already on the VisiCarbon Pro) which allows the user to place an additional flag (totaling two, maybe three) underneath the other whereby the user is not limited to just one flag. It could slip in place in the same way that the original flag does. Perhaps smaller novelty flags could be created if the regular size proves too unwieldy for the pole?

This idea came about because I was thinking to myself, how I really wanted to have one of your black pirate flags for my VisiCarbon Pro pole, and yet... I was concerned about visibility and at the same time wanted to keep the bright orange flag that came with the pole. [I have an affinity for all things piratical - see enclosed photo :)]
    Copy (2) of IMG_1959 copy.jpg

Then I thought about how the offshore guys raise those small flags when they catch a marlin, sailfish, or tuna and thought to myself, "what if there was an extra set of fasteners to attach an additional flag, underneath the orange safety flag?" Then I thought, well maybe that is too much flag waving in the air for a little pole - so what if a line of smaller novelty flags were added to the line, that you could add to your rig as you see fit - much like the larger ones now, only a bit smaller? Or maybe they wouldn't need to be any smaller after all, and you could just add one additional flag underneath the other if you wanted two... I don't know, just thinking out loud here is all. Clearly this "flag idea" is not a huge innovative idea like a good many of your other products, but it might fill a niche market and yakkers might be interested in adding/swapping out flags as their mood/application fits - while keeping their main bright orange safety flag in place? You could even have small flags with cool fish art on them for your targeted species (i.e. - striped bass, sea trout, redfish, snook, largemouth bass, flounder, halibut, walleye, etc., etc.)

Thoughts anyone?

5. The Nothing

The Nothing New Member

PVC patch for IKs... Similar to this one from Scotty...

[​IMG]

6. Striperguy

Striperguy New Member

I agree with this idea. I have a ski bar on my pontoon boat that I would love to have the Gear Teac mount to. And I do not want to use those auto screw clamps as used on radiator hoses, etc. I anxiously await your new products.

7. O Shin Rin

O Shin Rin New Member

I was laying in bed last night trying to sleep after reading this , thinking of stripers at HRBT and I thought of a new product for Luther - a bumper guard or rash plate to go around the nose of your yaks . It could be made out of ABS plastic molded to fit differant yaks . I always cring when I rub up aginst the pillings . It could be held in place by bungees to the eyelts or screwed in place .
    I've often thought about tying those small float bumpers to the front when fishing the bridges.

8. Greg77

Greg77 New Member

I don't know if you already have this but my suggestion is a simple adapter with a Scotty interface on one end and a screwball on the other.

9. YakAttack

YakAttack Guest

10. OlySpec

OlySpec New Member

Would be happy to test any prototypes on my new PA. I really want to utilize the side handles. Having monts
    I hate having to use duct tape to pad the tube mount scotty adapters and cannot find proper u-bolts either.

11. Shaun

Shaun Member

12. ml718

ml718 New Member

A mounting board for the GT90 to mount like rod holders, fish finders, etc.

13. YakAttack

YakAttack Guest

You can attach Scotty and Ram accessories directly to the GearTrac in addition to YakAttack t-bolt accessories. But we've had several requests for what you're asking for and will have it soon.

14. Memory Maker

Memory Maker New Member

I'm working on something using the gear tracks and PVC pipes and pool noodles ......... the bases also would hold stabilizers when not acting as a cage ....... I have a Pro Angler

15. Tom (Termite) Letts

Tom (Termite) Letts New Member

Any chance of a bracket to elevate the seat in a Wilderness Tarpon 120 a couple of inches? They have a new elevated seat but it will not retro into the 120.

16. Wayners

Wayners Super Moderator

Tom, there isn't anything in the works for a Tarpon seat bracket. Sorry.

17. Tom (Termite) Letts

Tom (Termite) Letts New Member

Wayners,
    Thanks,
    Back problems when I spend to much time in the yak. Hate to get a new one, finally got this one geared out.