1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Outback seat upgrade with mighty mounts

Discussion in 'General Kayak Rigging' started by David castillo, Jun 1, 2016.

1. David castillo

David castillo New Member

So it seems that I bought my kayak to early and missed out on the the newer model with the seat upgrade , so my problem is that I procrastinated and missed out on the chance to buy the Jackson elite seat ,now decommissioned , and I can't seem to find an alternative that works with the mighty mounts . Does anybody have any suggestions where I can pick one up or an alternative that works!! My knees are in dire need of an upgrade!

2. STLKayak

STLKayak New Member

There are quite a few posts on using the 2.0 and 3.0 Jackson seats. A buddy of mine has the original Cuda 14 with the 1.0 seat and I compared it to my 3.0 that I had at the time. The base is basically the same, only Jackson added a plastic cap over the base of each leg which looks easy enough to remove, or you could trim them down to fit like the person in this link from the Hobie forums did.

http://www.hobiecat.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=57903&p=275059&hilit=Jackson+seat#p275059