1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panfish and Dogbone combo??

Discussion in 'PanFish and PanFish Portrait' started by SHRED, Apr 1, 2012.

1. SHRED

SHRED New Member

I was wondering if anyone thought about getting their GoPro more height by adding a Dogbone to the Panfish?
    Would that be stable enough mounted to a Hobie Pro Angler?

My biggest beef with most kayak fishing videos is that they are too low as they face forward from behind the seat.

2. Journeyman

Journeyman New Member

That would work just fine. I think you'd have to get the right connector kit to match the 1" end of the Dogbone. I already had a few Mighty Mounts and a screw ball, so with the purchase of the portrait, dogbone and connector kit I was able to build two camera mounts.

Because of all the possible combinations, I found it helpful to draw all the components in a line to see that they would work.

3. SHRED

SHRED New Member

Thanks. I am just getting started. My GoPro should be here soon and I just ordered the Panfish "option 3". Looks like the 1" ball dogbone would work fine if I want to get a taller and off to the side angle. I already own a 1" RAM connector so connecting the two is no problem.

I will take some videos to see first and then go from there.