1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panfish Mounting Option for a Jackson Coosa

Discussion in 'PanFish and PanFish Portrait' started by BigYaker, Feb 1, 2012.

1. BigYaker

BigYaker Guest

Due to the high seat position of the Jackson Coosa I needed a way to elevate my GoPro HD in order to get the right angle. My solution was to mount a YakAttack PanFishâ„¢ to the top of my crate using the Mighty Mountâ„¢

[​IMG]

Supplies - Crate, Drill, Mighty Mountâ„¢, PanFishâ„¢, and Cutting Board

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Cut the board to the size of the Mighty Mountâ„¢ and drill matching holes. Now bolt them together making sure the nuts are securely tightened down. You don't want any wiggle room!

[​IMG]

All Done

[video=youtube_share;nOjDAn-hIYU]http://youtu.be/nOjDAn-hIYU[/video]

Here is a sample video so you can see the camera angle.

2. Hanover_Yakker

Hanover_Yakker Member

Nicely done Aaron.

3. GlockGuy

GlockGuy Member

Cool. The new Fullback backing plate will be available soon for folks who want to buy the MightyMount and Fullback as a package, although your use of a cutting board certainly meets the need. Any problems when you open your crate?

4. BigYaker

BigYaker Guest

No problems opening the crate. It actually makes it easier... acts like a handle :eek:

5. GlockGuy

GlockGuy Member

Suh-Weeeet!

6. robchoi

robchoi New Member

Very nice, Aaron. I guess I'm not the only one who thought of putting mounts on the crate. I ended up putting the gear trac on my crate after using two mighty mounts for the better part of last year. I had the same idea of using a cutting board as well.

Good stuff.

7. YakAttack

YakAttack Guest

Nice job Aaron! BTW you better hang onto that vintage Mighty Mount in the third pic! There were only about a dozen of them made ;)

8. BigYaker

BigYaker Guest

Thanks Rob. I really like the angle you get by putting the Panfish on your crate.

I'll have to get you to sign it the next time I see you. It's about to be retired soon. I just sold my Coosa and plan on changing a few things when I get my Ride 115 :eek: