1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ParkNPole lanyard/rope attachment points advice wanted.

Discussion in 'Product and Technical Support' started by MrWndrfl, Sep 7, 2012.

1. MrWndrfl

MrWndrfl Member

Hey all,

I'm getting ready to try out my new 8' ParkNpole tomorrow and I was looking for advice on the placement of the rope/lanyard on the parkNpole. Historically, I have preferred to keep the attachment point low to the water to reduce the current or wind's leverage (using my paddle as the anchor) but this option would sometimes interfere with the fishing line.

I have not installed an anchor trolley (soon) and my anchor line will be a paddle leash attached, somewhere, to the kayak.

I look forward to everyone's 2-cents on the best options/solutions. Pictures and suggestions are most welcome!

I just realized that this may be the wrong forum as this in not "technically" a technical or product support issue. If I need to move this post, please advise.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2012
  2. YakAttack

YakAttack Guest

I think your first instinct is right on. Keep it low to reduce leverage.

3. Lt.FireDog

Lt.FireDog Administrator

I keep my line (paracord) attached just below the flotation foam .
    I used a round garden hose gasket as the stopper that keeps the line from sliding down the shaft. As I'm staked out in 3-5', having the line attached towards the top quarter is no biggie.

I plan on getting the new 8-footer PnP when funds allow. :cool:

4. Alphonse

Alphonse New Member

Low is good - minimizing moment. Anchor trolley with a ring is good and it will allow you to orient yak as you desire. (i.e. up current, down current, into wind, down wind, etc.) If you have a ring in the trolley, you can actually tether the PNP to the ring and let it float along side the yak and keep it out of the boat. It will be happy to drag along side and really not create much drag. I have seen guides in Louisiana do this in power boats with their poles.