1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rigging for Video and Photos

Discussion in 'Camera and Video' started by robchoi, Feb 9, 2012.

1. robchoi

robchoi New Member

2. YakAttack

YakAttack Guest

Awesome post Rob!

We duplicated your plate-on-the-crate idea in the shop today. We were rigging a Revo 13 and there wasn't enough room in the rear for the GearTrac so we made a plate for his crate like we did for yours. I think he will be posting some pics soon. GREAT IDEA!!!

3. Hanover_Yakker

Hanover_Yakker Member

Not sure of what the technical name of this modification will be in the end, but for now, I'll refer to is as the Choi v2.0. The most significant difference from v1.0 is the inclusion of a retaining notch assembly at the from of the bracket to enable the use of tank well bungees in most kayaks........
    CrateMod1c.jpg
    CrateMod1b.jpg
    CrateMod1e.jpg
    CrateMod1a.jpg

4. Fish Taco

Fish Taco New Member

That is a slick notched bracket! Did you make that yourself or??? I'm looking for a better solution in securing my crate (also with the same PP cover as yours) to my tank well... I'm not happy with the way I have my bungees now, which basically hold the crate on the yak, but not down tight inside the tank well. I really like the way that bracket supports that GearTrac too... How can I duplicate this set up?

PS - Killer video by robchoi but I had a difficult time seeing his rigging set up near his crate... did he do something similar?

Last edited: Feb 12, 2012
  5. Juan Veruete

Juan Veruete New Member

Awesome Rob!

6. BigYaker

BigYaker Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2012
  7. rubone47

rubone47 New Member

DSC04454.jpg DSC04455.jpg DSC04456.jpg here are pics of my gopro hook up to my homemade rod holders with a light for night video

8. YakAttack

YakAttack Guest

We made the bracket in the shop. It's very similar to the one I did for Rob (the concept of mounting the track to the top of the crate was Rob's brainchild).

John at Mad Frog Gear is working on a production version and expects it to be ready around the first week of March. John makes toolboards and things and this was a great fit for his product line and manufacturing techniques.

We're likely to have something similar for our new crate cover that we're working on as well - still figuring out the design for that! It's still several weeks from production.

9. Fish Taco

Fish Taco New Member

Thanks for the info on the bracket!

10. SchwigyYakr

SchwigyYakr New Member

Great Post as usual Rob! I love the idea of the crate bracket for GearTrac! I will definately be adding this to my set up.

11. robchoi

robchoi New Member

Thanks guys. I'm glad others are liking it too. The notch is a great idea! I love how one person can have a good idea, then others can build on it and make it even better. This forum is definitely the place to make it all happen.

Aaron, thanks for putting up the correct link.

12. rubone47

rubone47 New Member

here is another homemade mount for my gor pro

DSC04493.jpg DSC04496.jpg DSC04499.jpg

13. Yak Chum

Yak Chum Administrator Staff Member

This crate setup i think will be the best option for rear panfish mounts on the Jackson Cuda. There is not much in reach back there and i am still useing my crate system at the moment. Will this new mount plate for the gear track work with a crate pack? Im thinking of just mounting it through the crate pack on top.

14. robchoi

robchoi New Member

Yeah, I just screwed the bracket on top of my crate pak.