1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Setting up the Portrait

Discussion in 'PanFish and PanFish Portrait' started by Rob Appleby, Jan 7, 2012.

1. Rob Appleby

Rob Appleby New Member

The Panfish Portrait is kind of a miniature version of the PanFish and is ideally suited for positioning ahead of the angler/paddler. The camera mount itself is a RAM item, hence positioning and locking the camera into the best position is quick and simple. The whole mount swivels even when fully locked into position (friction can be adjusted), this provides a couple of useful facilities. A mounted camera can be turned around allowing easy access to rear mounted controls, self timer controls, etc. The camera can then be rotated back ready for that ‘Hero’ photo!.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The PanFish Portrait is able to support heavier cameras of up to 2lb in weight. My photos show it mounted in some GearTrac, however, as per the PanFish it has multiple mounting options.. Scotty, SlideTrax, MightyMount, etc. It’s easily swapped from one GearTrac or MightyMount to another so its position can be quickly changed as required.

2. GlockGuy

GlockGuy Member

I added a Mighty Bolt/thumbscrew to mine. I did this to ensure that the camera ended up back in the same exact position every time, once I figured out what that spot was.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Not a great photo, but it shows what will be in frame whenever I take a shot -
    [​IMG]

3. n2bassfishing

n2bassfishing New Member

Looks great guys. I'm going to mount mine to the trac system that Wildy has for now unless I don't care for it much.

Rob that Gear Trac looks great where you mounted it.