1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stuck battery

Discussion in 'Visibility' started by Journeyman, Mar 4, 2012.

1. Journeyman

Journeyman New Member

Anybody have any advice on how to get a stuck battery out of a visi-pole? I took 3 weak ones out and dropped in a few rechargables. They felt snug going in, and the one at the bottom is stuck. I tried tapping the side, a little silicon lube spray in there, more tapping, but no luck.
    Maybe time to upgrade?

2. GlockGuy

GlockGuy Member

Luther said for you to shoot him an email. He said that some of the light bodies were a tighter fit than others and if you tell him when you got yours he might be able to determine if yours is one of those. Also, some rechargeables are out of spec. Anyway, shoot him and email and he'll get back to you as quick as possible.

3. Journeyman

Journeyman New Member

Good deal, I shoot him a message. It was one of those moments when I put the battery in there, and it felt a little funny, but then it was too late. We've all been there in one way or another. Right?

4. robchoi

robchoi New Member

Yup, I know the feeling Dan. As it's happening, it's like "doh!". Hopefully Luther will have a solution for you.

5. Journeyman

Journeyman New Member

After a few munites of situation assessment, Luther had the brain storm to re attach the lens and tap the pole upside down to rattle the battery loose. If the lens were to break, it would be easily replaced. Doing this without the lens would result in damaging the threads, but with the lens in place, it would bear the brunt. After a few firm taps on the bench top, and then a few on the concrete, the battery was reluctant to budge. I dosed the battery compartment a few squirts of Reel Lube, let it soak for a minute, re attached the lens and let it fly. Figuring, if I'm gonna break it, let's break it big. One hard drop on the slab broke the battery loose without any damage to the lens or light housing.
    One tough light dude! Thanks for the help!

6. YakAttack

YakAttack Guest

Some batteries are oversized. Most products load from the side so it's not noticeable, but loading in a tube like the light they can stick. Glad we got it taken care of! Thanks to Glock Guy for the heads up!

7. GlockGuy

GlockGuy Member

Hey, that's what ProStaff are for. Glad to assist. :)