1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which GearTracs are best suited for Hobie Revo 13 gunwales?

Discussion in 'GearTrac' started by nineworlds, Feb 3, 2013.

1. nineworlds

nineworlds New Member

Hi, I can't decide which GearTracs to get for my Hobie Revolution 13. I'd like them on the front and back gunwales. What sizes would be best? I have seen revos with the GT175 up front, but to me, the gunwales look a bit too skinny. I think the GT90s would be best for width, but what length? Do the GT90-16 fit well front and back? I put a metal rule on the gunwales and they aren't exactly flat, so should I put some kind of backing between the GearTrac and the kayak, like some rubber? Thanks.

2. YakAttack

YakAttack Guest

GT90. Length depends on what you want to do with them. just keep in mind the track doesn't bend around things, but when you tighten it down it will conform very well to minor surface contours. The screws are pretty effective at pulling it down.

3. nineworlds

nineworlds New Member

I ordered 4x GT90-16's and the 2 on the front fit perfectly. The surface was slightly uneven but it pulled together nice and flat. But I am not sure if they will fit well on the back since the surface is a lot more uneven, especially on the back left. The back right seems flatter. I guess the molding process wasn't perfect when they made the kayak.

Here's a photo of where I would like to place it:

20130221_193904.jpg

And here's the gap:

20130221_193855.jpg

It's a good 5mm gap. What do you think? Maybe I should have got the 12" geartracs instead :confused:
    Anyone with a Hobie Revo 13 put 16" geartracs on the back?

4. YakAttack

YakAttack Guest

We installed 3 pairs of 12" GT90s on a boat last week. They worked out great. Kind of tough getting the middle set in because of the foam inside the hull. We got them though.

5. CAP

CAP New Member

Installed GT90's on my Revo 13.
    I actually cut 2 8" pieces - 2 hole section and 3 hole section, and have them mounted on the forward gunwales beside the Mirage drive. Love them!

6. Rob Appleby

Rob Appleby New Member

I mounted a pair on a friends Revo, pair of 8" GT90, worked a treat!

7. deleonjo

deleonjo New Member

I have a 2015 Revo 13 on order. You wouldn't happen to have some pics of your install that you could post. Would be very interested to see where you put them.
    Thanks,
    John