1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wifi for gopro?

Discussion in 'Camera and Video' started by Juan Veruete, Aug 20, 2012.

1. Juan Veruete

Juan Veruete New Member

Anybody using the wifi remote for the gopro yet? I just ordered one... wanted to see what folks think of it. I'm hoping it will allow to mount the camera's in more interesting positions/perspectives.

2. GlockGuy

GlockGuy Member

You mean like the 3PP (3rd Party Perspective - A term coined by Luther himself)? The new ParkNPole foot that allows for attachment of a Screwball and camera mount is gonna be the perfect accompaniment to that remote.

3. Juan Veruete

Juan Veruete New Member

Exactly! I'm trying it out on one camera first... then the sky is the limit! :)

4. Shaun

Shaun Member

You mean like attaching the GoPro camera to the top of a Sail Mast using the panfish portrait? :)
    GOPR1213.jpg

5. robchoi

robchoi New Member

I've had the wifi backpack on two Hero2s for a while. I love it. It took a little bit to figure out how to sync the two cameras to one remote and update everything, but after that it's been great. I carry two extra batteries (one for each camera) so I can swap out when I need to. The wifi backpack has it's own battery, but when it runs out it starts pulling juice from the Hero2 battery. Sheepie+release+2.jpg sheepie+release1.jpg

6. Juan Veruete

Juan Veruete New Member

Shaun.. that's just crazy right there! :)

Rob, yes the configuration and update takes some time. I after I accomplished it once... i was thinking ... why in the heck didn't I get that the first time? :)

I've done a little dry land testing with it. ... it's really slick. I'm going to get it out on the river this weekend. Hopefully the big smallies will not be camera shy!

7. Shaun

Shaun Member

Hey what kind of battery life are y'all getting on the remote?

8. Juan Veruete

Juan Veruete New Member

Shaun, i seam to be able to get about 4 hours out of the backpack part of the remote set up. the actual remote lasts a lot longer.

9. robchoi

robchoi New Member

I get about the same as Juan. Sometimes a little less on the wifi backpack. When it runs out, it starts pulling juice from the main battery in the camera so I just keep a couple spare batteries. And yeah, the remote itself lasts a long time.

10. Shaun

Shaun Member

Ok, i was starting to wonder if i had a bad battery. i guess not because that's what I'm getting.

11. swflgamecock

swflgamecock New Member

I have the Hero 3+ and love the remote. You can also use the GoPro app on an iPhone, but that really drains the battery b/c you have a live view on your phone. The plus is that you can download video to your phone and/or delete it from the GoPros memory, you know for those baby fish.. I would suggest buying extra batteries for those all day adventures. I have a 64gb micro sdhc card and the battery will die before you fill up the card.

The remote does just about what the two main buttons on the GoPro can do, except turn off the Wi-Fi.

12. popeye

popeye New Member

I have a gopro silver with the hero3 remote. I find it very hard to turn gopro on when it is in wifi remote. Lost 2 fishes trying to get it on. I go the hero 4 silver bundled with remote and memory card from best buy