1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

YakAttack VISICarbon Pro and Mighty Mount for NuCanoe Frontier 12 - General Info

Discussion in 'Mounting Systems' started by dcushman, Jun 6, 2012.

1. dcushman

dcushman New Member

I just wanted to take an opportunity to recognize and thank Luther Cifers of YakAttack for his help. I initially spoke with Luther via phone back in March and he provided excellent information and ideas regarding “outfitting†my soon to arrive NuCanoe Frontier 12. His expertise and patience was extremely helpful in deciding what I needed to properly outfit my new yak. I had extensively researched NuCanoe’s new model known as the Frontier 12 and I wanted to ensure it was complemented with equally thought out accessories including fly rod holders and a stern light.

Luther was enthusiastic and came up with several alternative solutions to help me sort through available equipment and innovative mounting options. After talking through many solutions with Luther, I knew the VisiCarbon Pro (w/Mighty Mount Ready mounting option) and a Mighty Mount were the appropriate choices to get started. It’s important to note my NuCanoe Frontier 12 has a track system that accepts the T-Bolt found on the bottom of the VisiCarbon Pro and Ram-Mount Fly Rod holder w/Ram Ball. I had ordered the fly rod holder when I ordered the NuCanoe Frontier 12.

I have had several opportunities to test out not only the NuCanoe Frontier 12 (awesome yak and crazy stable) but also the VisiCarbon Pro and fly rod holder and its Ram Ball mount. To sum it up – I couldn’t have picked a better solution for my needs – a well built and put together kayak with the added YakAttack accessories that are not only practical but simple, durable and quite simply they work. I am planning on adding (installing) a Might Mount in the rear deck of the Frontier 12 – I currently use my one Mighty Mount in between the factory track system and either the fly rod holder Ram Ball mount or the VisiCarbon Pro for added stability. I am planning to utilize one of the new vacuum plates to install another mount behind the rear seat. There is no rear access hatch and by using the rigging bullet method to help with installation it should be an easy job even with the hard to reach back area. The NuCanoe Frontier 12 has a front hatch that accesses the inside of the hull so the vacuum plate w/rigging bullet is the “go to†method to facilitate this install.

I’ll do my best to keep everyone updated on the progress of this project and let everyone know how the Frontier 12 is performing as well. So far the NuCanoe Frontier 12 is a winner – it’s a stable, well made kayak that is easy to stand and fly fish from – even in a current or choppy water conditions.

Thanks again to Luther and YakAttack for their help, support and innovative ideas.