1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your BlackPak

Discussion in 'BlackPak' started by YakAttack, Jan 25, 2013.

1. rbenash

rbenash Member

Checked with Hook1 website before posting. Couldn't find them. Can you tell who is making them? That might help with searches.

2. rbenash

rbenash Member

On another forum, person told me they got them with their Blackpak. I'll try email to Yakattack, but not expecting a response. Figure they will show up at some point. Thanks for the help.

3. YakAttack

YakAttack Guest

I got your email and responded. If you did not get a response before maybe it was sent to the wrong email account.

We should have the BlackPak and BlackPak accessories on our website this week. We've been pretty slow updating it because we've devoted our resources to our new (and much improved) site.

By the way the clips do not fit the measuring boards from Bass Pro, but we can make a set that does. I'll grab one next time I'm at Bass Pro and design it.

4. rbenash

rbenash Member

Thanks! No, for some reason never got the response regarding the Blackpak but got the one today on the clips. Thanks for getting back. I can mail you one of the Basspro boards if you want. As I said I did find and was able to pre-order a BlackPak from Hook1, so all good.

5. gairishyaker

gairishyaker New Member

cant wait to get mine it should be here next week or so. were do you get the customs lids from? i am either going that way or it getting decals

6. rbenash

rbenash Member

Assembled mine just yesterday. Just a perfect product is all I have to say. Hey - I'd be interested in one of those custom lids myself. I'm not so much a sticker person. Although the YakAttack fish logo is one of the best I've seen. The one I like the most though is a smallie one that Chris Gorsuch had made for the Delawre River Bass site a number of years ago. That's probably going on my BlackPak if I can get some more.

Got the HawgTrough clips Friday too, so all set. YakAttack = quality gear for sure.

Ray

Last edited: Feb 10, 2013
  7. gairishyaker

gairishyaker New Member

got mine in tonight from the brown truck guys. hope to get it together 2mrow. no fishing here for a couple of more days, 3 days of rain so far. but the rivers and ponds really needed it. thanks for some great products.

8. rbenash

rbenash Member

I did have a minor issue with one of the corner braces. All of the other 3 lined up but had to chase the 4th with the drill a little so I could slip the screw in during final assembly. Have the tools out anyway so not a big deal.

9. YakAttack

YakAttack Guest

If you took any pictures of that please post them so we can see them. Everything is CNC cut so it's pretty tough to cut anything "wrong". It's possible a tolerance stackup caused it. Hard to say without some measurements.

10. rbenash

rbenash Member

Sorry - no photos. I can say that all of the tabs on the corner braces were inserted in their respective grooves and the sides/bottoms were in their groves. This one corner brace though might have been that stack up you mention. It was just enough so that the screw would not fall into place. Chased it with the drill bit and was fine. Even dis-assembled and when it came to that corner brace it was just that one that had the issue. It was already relieved at that point so it was fine.

11. MrWndrfl

MrWndrfl Member

I put this on FB earlier;
    Nothing like a little Plasti Dip to help match accessories with the BlackPak.
    This was a white cup for filling our iron's reservoir. Now it is an excellent fish grip sheath.
    I am in love with this Plasti Dip product. I have been walking around the house looking for things to Plasti Dip.
    Anyway, this first photo was just one coat of the stuff on an iron's reservoir cup. I attached it with one black zip tie. Not a lot of effort and a bit sloppy but the concept is there.
    I am finding that there is so many options with the BlackPak, it can be stifling.
    I will post later on how it performed on my humbling turtling event last week on the Mosquito Lagoon.

IMG_0123.jpg

As a side note, here is my FB post on Hobie related to fishing rods:
    Missing the cap for the butt of your rod? Or does your rod make too much noise in ifs holder? I put some Plasti Dip on one of my rods a few months ago and it has worked out very well. Since I found this stuff, I have been looking for things to spray it on.
    I'm telling you, I should be a "Pro Staffer for Plastii Dip! :D IMG_0125.jpg

12. SnookOne

SnookOne Administrator Staff Member

Well...after some thought...I finished my BlackPak...at least until Luther comes up with some more crazy stuff that I just "Have to Have"! :)

The best thing about this BlackPak is that it is just like a kayak. You get the box, but then the possibilities of rigging it are endless...each angler can set it up just how "they" want it!

Here is the overall view:
    [​IMG]

I installed GT-90-12 GearTracs on each side for my Scotty bases. This is where I install my VISICarbon Pro and my Panfish. With the rails, I can also rig them with rod holders and adjust them forward or backwards to right where I want them:
    [​IMG]

I also installed a little grippy thingie on the bungee that keeps the lids closed:
    [​IMG]

I then installed a Hawg Trough Bracket Set on the top:
    [​IMG]

Now this may seem like it will be in my way, but I do not normally carry a Hawg Trough. I will most likely use it only in tournaments, so when I need it, it is within reach:
    [​IMG]

This inside of the BlackPak is perfect. I can store my Cabelas T.U.B. and my Bass Pro Shops cooler inside with no problem at all:
    [​IMG]

Links to the items I used to rig my BlackPak:

http://kayakfishinggear.com/yakattack-blackpak.aspx
    http://kayakfishinggear.com/BlackPakAccessory-HawgTroughBracket.aspx
    http://kayakfishinggear.com/yakattack-geartrac-system-1.aspx
    http://kayakfishinggear.com/comingsoon-weareaddingnewproducts-1-1-2-1-2-1-2.aspx

Last edited: Feb 20, 2013
  13. rbenash

rbenash Member

Nice tip Mr W. I have a rod handle that I would like to shorten.....

14. rbenash

rbenash Member

Like what you did there SnookOne. Pretty sure that's how my HawgTrough is going to land on mine. And already had that rail idea :)

15. MrWndrfl

MrWndrfl Member

BlackPak....coming along

Here are the latest additions to my BlackPak. Certainly not innovative but it serves my needs.
    Additions: Braided line scissors, dive knife (secondary), and fish grips. All are secured to the BlackPak but can be manually removed.

I welcome every bit of input and criticism one can muster.

Regards,

Mike

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 8, 2013
  16. ctgalloway21

ctgalloway21 New Member

got mine yesterday. Here it is in a Jackson Coosa. Fits perfectly. Didn't have time to put rod holders on yet.

481254_3893407153834_1800807085_n.jpg
    199070_3893414674022_927614279_n.jpg

Last edited: Mar 12, 2013
  17. gairishyaker

gairishyaker New Member

well got mine all most all done. now its time to get decals for it. its the best thing i have gotten for the kayak.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. rbenash

rbenash Member

A great thread! Did a dry run with mine a week or so ago on the new Ride 115 using the existing strapping. Photos in this thread are helping with what I want to do as far as custom hold down method.

19. rbenash

rbenash Member

Curious if anyone can tell me what type of plastic these boxes are made from? I like rigidity and would like to get around a 3'x3' sheet to work with to make a mounting plate for the boom mounting for the u403 Torqeedo motor. Would be nice if I could make one from the same material, maybe a little thicker. It seems to be lighter weight and more rigid than say UHMW would be.

20. MrWndrfl

MrWndrfl Member

@rbenash- It is Starboard marine lumber aka Marineboard. This stuff is NOT cheap. You can get it through West Marine and other boating supply retailers.